Light of Christ Catholic Parish SALT Center
Rental Policies and Fees
The SALT Center in Deerfield and the Parish Hall in Blissfield are available for rental by parishioners and non-parishioners. A parishioner is defined as those registered with the Parish who regularly attend Mass and practice stewardship. Parishioners are not allowed to rent the hall for non-parishioner events. As these facilities are primarily used for church-related functions, scheduling will not be permitted more than nine months in advance.
Following is the fee schedule for rental of both facilities:
- $400.00 per event held on Friday, Saturday or Sunday evenings or whenever alcohol is served during an event after 6:00pm. $200 per event whenever alcohol is served, if the event concludes by 6:00pm.
- $100.00 for events such as bridal and baby showers etc., where no alcohol is served – up to 100 people. $150.00 for over 100 people.
- All events require special events insurance (see Special Events Insurance section below) and a damage deposit of $500.00. The deposit will be returned when the key to the facility is returned and after deductions for any charges for damage to the facility, personal property loss or damage, charges to clean the facility after the event if not done properly by the renter. The damage deposit will be forfeited if there is any smoking whatsoever in the Center or if any policy is ignored or not followed.
- $800.00 per event held on Friday, Saturday or Sunday evenings or whenever alcohol is served during an event after 6:00pm. $400 per event whenever alcohol is served, if the event concludes by 6:00pm.
- $200.00 for events such as bridal and baby showers etc., where no alcohol is served – up to 100 people. $250.00 for over 100 people.
- All non-parishioner events require a $20.00 per hour supervision fee during the event and during clean-up immediately following the event. The supervision fee does not include help for cleaning up after the event.
- All events require special events insurance (see Special Events Insurance section below) and a damage deposit of $500.00. The deposit will be returned when the key to the facility is returned and after deductions for any charges for damage to the facility, personal property loss or damage, charges to clean the facility after the event if not done properly by the renter. The deposit will be forfeited if there is any smoking whatsoever in the facility or if any policy is ignored or not followed. Non-fee events that are endorsed but NOT sponsored by the parish and may or may not require insurance are: Non-profit organizations, Alcoholic Anonymous, Al-Anon, Girl-Boy Scouts, educational events, etc.
- 50% payable at the contract signing.
- Balance Payable two (2) weeks before the event.
Please notify us immediately. Exceptions due to unforeseen circumstances will be given consideration.
- 100% refund if canceled 90 days prior to the event.
- 50% refund if canceled 60 days prior to the event.
- 25% refund if canceled 45 days prior to the event.
- 0% refund if canceled 30 days prior to the event.
Special Events Insurance
As Mandated by the Michigan Catholic Conference
It is the policy of the Diocese of Lansing (Michigan) that parishes, schools and institutions that allow outside organizations or individuals to rent or use its facilities for various one time “Special Events” require those organizations or individuals to purchase “Special Events Insurance” protection offered through the MCC.
Special Events Insurance provides protection for both the user of the facility as well as the parish or institution. It is intended to provide primary insurance protection thereby limiting the financial exposure to the Protected Loss Fund Program and the user of your facility.
Special Events Insurance is administered through MCC. The following terms and conditions apply subject to the master policy wording:
- Comprehensive General Liability – $500,000 Combined Single Limit
- Fire Legal Liability – $50,000 each occurrence
- Host Liquor Liability – Included
- Additional Insured’s – Included
- Medical Payments – $10,000
- Property Damage – Included ($250 deductible)
Premium: $100 per event Policy Period: 24 hours (1 Calendar Day).
Policy Applications are available from MCC or Parish Office.
Optional Insurance Choice
If the organization or individual wishes to use their own insurance, a Certificate of Insurance naming Bishop Earl Boyea, The Diocese of Lansing and Light of Christ Catholic Parish as ADDITIONAL INSURED must be provided. The minimum amount of coverage should be $1,000,000. The phrase ADDITIONAL INSURED is imperative for this certificate to be acceptable in lieu of the Special Events Insurance offered through the MCC.
* If alcohol is being served, the Certificate must read Host Liquor Liability is included.
* Insurance certificates must be filed with the parish two (2) weeks prior to the event.
- All buildings at both sites are SMOKE FREE.
Smoking is permitted in designated areas only and not within 25 ft. of any entrance.
- Alcohol may not be served after 11:30 PM.
- Bands and DJ’s are to stop playing at 11:30 PM.
- Guests are to leave by 12:00 Midnight.
- Clean-up should take place between 12:00 Midnight and 1:00 AM.
- No event shall take place during any scheduled liturgical activity in the Church. Saturday afternoon events must conclude by 3:00 PM @ Blissfield site & 4:00 PM @ Deerfield site. Saturday evening events may start no earlier than 6:00 PM @ Blissfield site & 7:00 PM @ Deerfield site. Sunday events may begin no earlier than Noon.
- The person renting the hall is the only one permitted to bring alcoholic beverages on site.
- When serving liquor, it is to be dispensed by a licensed bartender (or an individual who has had sufficient training in serving drinks and be able to identify the signs of an intoxicated person).
- In no instance should a bartender be allowed to drink alcoholic beverages.
- Liquor should never be served to an individual who is under the legal drinking age of 21.
- Renters may use the kitchen facilities as instructed by the parish representative (stove, refrigerator, oven and sinks; the use of the convention oven and dishwasher are not included. Renters must provide their own utensils, cooking / serving equipment, tableware, dishes, table cloths, paper products and towels.
- Renter must leave the kitchen, hall and bathroom in the same or better condition than prior to the rental.
- Renters must clean up any / all equipment used, including but not limited to stove, oven, counters, refrigerators and sinks. All spills, drips, stains must be cleaned off of all appliances after use. All food particles must be cleaned from the sink drains.
- All garbage from any event is to be bagged and taken out to the dumpster, which is located on the north side of the parking lot at both facilities.
- The floor is to be swept and any spills mopped up.
- Nothing may be taped / tacked or in any other way attached to any wall, ceiling, etc. (the cloth tack boards on the west and north walls may be used during an event).
- A key to the building will be made available 24 hours prior to the event. Renter must make arrangements to pick up key. It must be returned before the damage deposit is refunded.
- Occupancy for evening events can begin the morning of the event, or the day before if the hall is available. The hall must be cleaned and ready for the next renter by 9:00 Am the morning after the event.
- No alcoholic beverages may be sold on the premises.
- Any items left in the building after an event will be thrown away, unless prior arrangements have been made with the parish office.
- Events held in Blissfield are restricted to the Parish Hall, the main corridor and the restrooms. Absolutely no one is allowed in the Church or the offices and classrooms in the lower level.
- The damage deposit will be forfeited for any policy ignored or not followed.
Any questions should be directed to the Parish Offices.
Click Here to download Rental Contract